5 Reasons To See Ballet Palm Beach’s WONDERLAND This Weekend!
Friday, April 10 – 7:30pm
Saturday, April 11 – 4:00pm
Eissey Campus Theatre at Palm Beach State College
Click Here To Purchase Tickets or Call 561.207.5900
- THE STORY: Lewis Carroll’s classic story, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, was written over 150 years ago and still enchants both children and adults. Join Alice as she sips tea with the Mad Hatter, plays croquet with the Queen of Hearts and follows the White Rabbit through Wonderland.
- THE MUSIC: Music from English composers Britten, Holst, and Walton bring the sound of the English countryside to the theatre. The grand sound in Britten’s popular, The Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra, gives the feeling of royalty for the Queen of Hearts. Music from composers Holst and Walton are bits of Suites that are wonderful pieces named after parts of England.
- THE CHARACTERS: Wonderland is full of colorful characters from the regal Queen of Hearts, the White Rabbit, flamingoes, the Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, the Cheshire Cat and more!
- THE COSTUMES: Vibrantly colored costumes fill the stage from life sized flowers in assorted colors to the Queen of Hearts dressed in a red velvet gown, and pink feathery flamingoes. The costumes are gorgeously detailed. Dancers dressed in big flower hats of assorted colors and green skirts create a flower garden that sways with the wind. The hats were handmade by a Ballet Palm Beach volunteer. Adding petal after petal, each flower took over an hour to craft.
- THE ESCAPE: Take a break from reality and follow Alice into her fantasy world of zany nonsense!